CAT 2022 is scheduled to be held on 27th November 2022. Through CAT 2022, candidates can get into the management programmes offered by IIMs and other reputed business schools. For admissions into the IIMs, candidates need to pass through the written test, group discussion round, and finally, the personal interview. The CAT syllabus covers a diverse range of topics, and with the increasing competition, aspirants must devote their time and efforts sincerely to achieve a good result.
The convening body of CAT 2022 is yet to be announced. CAT Registration will tentatively begin in the first week of August 2022. The registered number of candidates for CAT 2021 reached up to 2.30 lakh. There is no doubt that the CAT is the most important management entrance exam in India. The rapid increase in the number of CAT registration each year proves the fact. The exam consists of 66 questions. There is a sectional time limit of 40 minutes. Listed below are the number of questions asked in each section
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension – 24 Questions
- Quantitative Aptitude – 22 questions,
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning – 20 Questions.
An on-screen timer indicates how much time is left to complete the particular section. It is crucial to develop proper time management strategies to ace the CAT exam.
Which section of the CAT Exam calls for the most practice?
The DILR section is quite more challenging than the other sections. It requires an enormous amount of patience to understand the question types and solve the questions with accuracy. To seamlessly get through this section, candidates need to adopt suitable strategies in their everyday CAT preparation and follow them consistently. It is advisable to practise 3-4 sets per day; as you progress, take note of your speed, accuracy, and time taken to solve a set. Apart from this, equal weightage should be given for the QA and VARC sections. Having a strong grasp of the topics in Aptitude will enable the aspirants to get through the exam easily. Algebra and Number Theory, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Set Theory, Probability, Algebra, Ratio, and Proportion are some of the important topics in QA.
Can the CAT Exam be cracked in 3 months?
Yes, if you plan ahead and practise in a systematic manner, you might very well prepare for the CAT in three months and increase your chances of success. Four to six months is considered ideal for preparation. However, if you are behind schedule, get set to devote your time and effort to crack the exam by establishing a proper routine where you would spend 4-6 hours each day to cover the important topics and practise mock tests.
Some preparation tips for CAT 2022
- Solve as many previous years’ question papers as possible. This will increase your time management skills, and you will get a thorough understanding of the exam pattern.
- Be sure to take note of the shortcut techniques and tricks.
- Read the newspaper every day to improve your reading comprehension skills.
- Learning new words every day from the newspaper is an integral part of the VARC section.
- Practise mock tests frequently, analyse the results and focus on the weak areas.
- Establish a well-planned schedule for the week and self-assess your weekly learning goals
Also Read: Myeclass